Ear Nose and Throat
Having had specialist training in the United Kingdom, Dr. van Wyk has an international grasp on the latest developments in the field, in order to offer you the best, whether it be a diagnosis, advice, medication or surgery.
We mainly focus is on diseases of the nose and sinuses and sleep disorders.
using Ultrasonic Energy
We are able to offer selected patients surgery to improve snoring and sleep apnoea using cutting edge technology. Dr. van Wyk is a team member of the Snoring Clinic at Mediclinic Morningside, where complex cases are discussed and treatment plans formulated by a multidisciplinary team.
Functional, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Nasal Surgery
Our Rooms: Block B, Rochester Place, 173 Rivonia Rd, Morningside, Sandton
MBChB(Pretoria), MRCS(RCSEdinburgh), DOHNS(RCSEngland), FRCSEd(ORL-HNS)(Edinburgh)
Ear nose and Throat Surgeon and Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Part-time Specialist at Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital.
- Was trained to specialist level on the South West Thames Rotation in London in a National Training Numbered Post.
- Completed the Reconstructive Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at Guy's and St. Thomas' and Royal Surrey County Hospital.
-Completed the Fellowship of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Passed the International Board Exam in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Washington, DC.
- Had to submit 100 facial plastic surgical cases within a 24 months period to the IBCFPRS as part of certification process.
- Has published articles in esteemed International Medical Journals on Rhinoplasty (including Facial Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Surgery Journals)
- Chapter author in Rhinoplasty Reference book published by Thieme. "Rhinoplasty: The Experts' Reference"
- Has taught on several Rhinoplasty courses locally and internationally including live operating to demonstrate techniques.