Ideal patients for nasal surgery
- You are well researched and know what you want.
- You had a good look at the info on this website.
- You have a combination of functional nasal problems and some aesthetic frustration
- You have realistic expectations regarding surgery and know perfection is not realistic.
- You are emotionally whole despite your nasal frustration.
- Your know your personality makes up for any deformity.
- You are doing this for yourself.
- You have a good friend or family member for support during the first 2 weeks after surgery
- Your work/business/family will allow you time off to recover for 10 to 14 days after surgery
- You trust Dr. van Wyk after the first consult.
Functional nasal surgery
“I want to breathe through my nose…”
Whether you are looking to find advice on medical treatment for your nose or your are in need of nasal or septal surgery, Dr. Tselapedi-Sekeitto will caringly do a full assessment and guide you through your options and treatments until your breathing is restored.
What to expect when you come for a consultation:
- You will be fully assessed, the options explained and be given medical treatment as indicated at the first consult.
- If medical treatment fails, surgical options will be discussed so you understand what is involved.
- Surgery is not normally offered at the first consult as medication has to be tried first.
- Surgery to improve breathing when done right offers about a 95% success rate but you may need to maintain the benefit by using nasal sprays after surgery.
- Medical aids often are willing to pay for functional nasal surgery depending on your options and medical aid plan. This does not mean they will pay all your expenses. You will likely have an amount to pay even if you are on a top plan.
- In some cases secondary improvement in the appearance of the nose may happen due to purely functional surgery. This is well documented.
- If you are not having functional problems or want to have your nasal tip worked on you will need to proceed with a private Rhinoplasty