Ideal patients for nasal surgery
- You are well researched and know what you want.
- You had a good look at the info on this website.
- You have a combination of functional nasal problems and some aesthetic frustration
- You have realistic expectations regarding surgery and know perfection is not realistic.
- You are emotionally whole despite your nasal frustration.
- Your know your personality makes up for any deformity.
- You are doing this for yourself.
- You have a good friend or family member for support during the first 2 weeks after surgery
- Your work/business/family will allow you time off to recover for 10 to 14 days after surgery
- You trust Dr. van Wyk after the first consult.
Please click on a treatment type for further information
We welcome the little ones and their parents into the practice and enjoy having them around!
About our Paediatric ENT treatments:
- Dr van Wyk is often referred Paediatric ENT cases from Paediatric Pulmonologists due to his interest in Sleep Surgery.
- Treatments are based on training Dr. van Wyk received in Paediatric ENT while working at Great Ormond Street Paediatric Hospital and St. George's Hospital, London. You will note the ID badges on the board in Dr van Wyk's consultation room!
- We work with your paediatrician/GP, so please remember the referral letter (if applicable).
- You may also book a consultation directly.
- Cases are usually done at a brand new facility, Intercare Sandton Day Hospital, on a Wednesday morning.
- Having your child on a morning list minimizes the discomfort of not eating before surgery.
- The day theatre setup at Intercare Sandton is specifically tailored so that the parent stays with the child until they are asleep.
- If your child is anxious about having surgery, it is very important to talk to him or her repeatedly until he or she is well prepared emotionally.
- If your child is worried about injections, please reassure him or her that we do not give injections! (We may put up a drip after they are asleep...).
Booking your first visit...
Please fill in our Paediatric ENT enquiry form. You will receive an automated email with more information including our pricing structure for Paediatric ENT Surgery. We will also email or call you back. Alternatively phone 063 9511374 or 0117844855 during office hours.
Paediatric ENT enquiry